MacKenzie Coat of Arms / MacKenzie Family Crest
View our MacKenzie Coat of Arms Website Here:
|Spelling variations of this family name include: MacKenzie, McKenzie, Kennethson, Kenneth, Kennieson, MacCoinnich (Gaelic), MacWhinnie, MacWhinny, MacWhinney and many more.First found in Ross where they were seated from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Alexander McKenzie, his wife Isobel and their four children, who settled in Philadelphia in 1775; John and Mary McKenzie, who settled with two children in New York in 1738.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Motto Translated: I shine not burn.Copyright © 2000 – 2008 Swyrich Corporation, all rights reserved
- Benjamin McKenzie (b. 1978), American actor
- Sir Alexander McKenzie (d. 1820), Canadian (Scottish-born) explorer and fur trader, eponym of the Mackenzie River
- Julia McKenzie (b. 1941), English actress
- Bob McKenzie, Canadian broadcaster
- Paul McKenzie (b. 1984), Scottish-canadian singer
- Peter McKenzie, New Zealand actor
- Neil McKenzie (b. 1975), South African cricket player